09 February 2008

Quite a hike


Okay, so, I've been taking little walks. It all started in October when I was running around like crazy at Knotts making sure everything ran smoothly and safely for the 25 out of 27 shows I made. By the end of it, my libido was through the roof, I was 2 inches smaller around and generally feeling pretty good about life.

So, when I managed to manifest a new ipod, I promised myself that I'd use it not just as a marketing tool, but also to eliminate the last excuse I had for not exercising: boredom. Let's face it, treadmills are boring. And I feel there's also something unwholesome about a bicycle that doesn't go anywhere.

So, I started walking. No monthly fees, the ipod charges off the computer that's always up to something. I download DJ mixes from the internet for fresh music. I try to take a different route each time I walk so I always get a new view. It works.

Lately, though, as my distance increases, I've found that I can incorporate minor errands into the daily (ish) walk. Today was my biggest one, yet. A confirmed 4.6 miles. But that's not all, I stopped to get soda so I had 16 lbs on my back for the entire 1.5 mile final leg. *sigh* I'm bushed.

No comments: