02 February 2007

"Hidden" Costs

so, I buy a $375 car, and you'd expet it to be a bit...worn.
Yeah, that's the case.

But, to register the car, I had to preve that I was buying it, and wasn't in cahoots with the previous owner. why? She bounced a check to the DMV and the expired registration was never valid.

So, last nigt, I go to drop off som packages, and there's a boot on my car. Turns out, she had a few tickets too. What a shock. Now i have to waste an afternoon to get the paperwork to attend a hearing to get my boot removed, then I have to go downtown (all without a car mind you) and attend the hearing to get them to concider taking my boot off. *sigh*

Total time off work: about 14 hours so far. Expect by the end of this scene, about 20, or roughly $600 lost in time alone.

No comments: