12 February 2007

Fitness is In!

Okay, here in LA, spring is just around the corner. Now, for those completely detached from the fitness industry, spring is the time of the year when people naturally lose weight. So, the fitness folks take advantage of this to really push their products. For the next 2-4 months, we'll be seeing a lot more weight loss commercials and billboards, and a lot less sleep aides. *sigh* Just long enough to let the phrase "purple pill" leave your vocabulary.

Lately I've been on a new diet. Well, not really new, just a formalized version of the one I've been kinda developing on my own, I guess. Ya see, I've been proceeding under the position that we should eat what we crave. If you're body wants it, chances are you need it. Well, this diet is like that, but more premeditative. It's all about selecting the right foods for your blood type (and doubtlessly removing some fats and sugars). Ultimately, it was not much of a switch to get on this diet, apparently, the foods we crave are generally the ones best suited for our blood type.

Most of my eating habits are okay, just little tweaks here and there. Some things were a little hard to find. I'm still looking for Soba noodles, and it was really hard to track down Ezekial bread. and I've switched from italian to chinese in my cooking habits. Apparently just about everything in my spaghetti is bad for me (except the garlic). On the other hand, everything in Kung Pao chicken is okay. Cool. Plus, it's suggested that I have a glass of wine and a cup of coffee each day. Darn. Well, if I gotta... :)

Just a couple of weeks on this plan and I'm seeing results. I have a noticeable boost in energy, and, well, I'll take it. The weird part is all of my body scents are changing. I barely recognize myself. So, now I cruise for a while and see where this takes me. Maybe I'll be all trim and lean for Bman this year.

No comments: