21 September 2006

Microwave Tip

Actually this is two tips in one.
I was taught, some time back, that if you have a dinner roll or muffin that's too dry, you can put it in the microwave oven with a glass of water. Nuke for a minute and the roll softens right up.

I was boiling water for ramen when this little fact slipped into my mind. I looked inside the Microwave which had not been cleaned since before the pre-Burningman rush. I took a sponge to the various stains that would normally require a hammer and chisel to remove and to my surprise, they all wiped off! Every bit, every tomato sauce splatter, every soup overflow, everything came right off. It took a total of about 10 seconds to get the thing looking like new. Give it a try sometime. Just put a bowl of water in there and nuke it until it's steaming. Pull out the bowl and wipe down....

No comments: