22 February 2006

You go where you're needed...

I was talking to a UHaul salesman over the phone trying to arrang a trailer hitch for my car. He suggested that We order it 2-3 day shipping, with a $30 up charge from ground (I do a lot of shipping, most of these numbers are in my head). Now, UhHaul only sells Draw-Tite hitches. They're the only ones with the broad range of selectablility to fit most US cars vans and trucks. (Subjective proof, wander through a few auto parts stores and see where they get theirs...). Anyway, the point is, I know that Arlinton Texas to LA is a 3 day ground ship.

So, I started to explain this to the salesman saying that, in fact most RV suppliers are in the southwest because in business, you go where you're needed. So even if this hitch wasn't a draw-tite, chances are, it would still be a three day or less ship, so there was no need for me to slip him the $30 he was trying to pry from me, as ground wold be the same.

Then I started thinking about the conversation. when I said, "you go where you're needed" I didn't realize that I could apply that to myself. The reno kids are a tight group, friendly, and capable of producing whatever they need. And franlkly, the area isn't expanding as fast as the coast is. I'm needed here.

This is where the laws are made. This is where the media focused and that lens could shine on us, or burn us. This is where my group, LAFC, is; and Inferno. This is a gemstone in the ring of fire. I need to be here....

...at least as long as Bush is in office. But that's another story...

No comments: