15 September 2008

Tribe "final days" news...

All you chicken-little's out there crying about how tribe is going down because of this that or another thing. Please take some of the following into account:
1) Yes, the lead programmer has left. However, he's the guy that was keeping it running these last few months of crashes, problems, and outages. Maybe losing him was a good thing. Not saying he was a bad guy, but he can be replaced, and maybe fresh eyes will get things running smoother.
2) The Tribe blog has had nothing but good to say about the Premium membership program. This has netted much needed funds that have allowed new equipment purchases and such. Now, one nay-sayer claims that the early sept colocation change was a fraud and that Tribe isn't allowed to move because of colo debts. Ummm, first, colos hold the light switch. If you get behind, they have no problem limiting your bandwidth, or just shutting you down... but an extended debt? I doubt it. But lets entertain the idea. If Tribes owner is siphoning money out then there's little to do and most likely, the attempted colo move would have brought tribe down permanently. I'm gonna call shenanigans on that nay-sayer.
3) Tribe is currently running smoother than ever. This could be from rats jumping ship, and it could be that the promised changes on the Tribe blog have happened and the site is now more bullet-proof.

I'm not against finding alternate resources and such, but posting your email address on a public server is a fast way to GB of spam mail a day. I'm down below 1300 a week, and I think I'll keep it that way. In the mean time, I hate Facebook, I won't use a Fox News owned service (My Space), so right now, if I gotta go, I'll probably revert to the first, the oldest and still the best bbs out there... arbornet
http://www.arbornet.org/

No comments: