27 July 2008

Best... Birthday... Ever!


Granted, there's not a whole lot of competition in this field. And most of the high points are fairly recent: cakes at Burn Club, etc. But I've had some serious low points.
10th - Parents tried to surprise me. I nearly get attacked by a pet Crow, then get sick during the surprise party.
18th - in the army. Letter arrives from the girlfriend with a note to "sarge" on the back. 100s of pushups that day. Then, we went through gas mask training and spend the afternoon in the gas chamber
22nd - finalize my divorce
You get the idea.
It took about 10 years of messy divorce nonsense for me to get ready to get serious again, but by then I'd kinda lost the knack. So, I started a habit of taking out the most beautiful, desirable and available woman I knew for my birthday. That way, I at least get in one date a year.

But this year, THIS year, a hot, blonde, ex-model, current stage performer asked ME out. So what if she's engaged. It was awesome. Plus, I have a new favorite restaurant. It's called Le petit Greek, in this cute little cluster on Larchmont. It's a little pricey, but sooo worth it. And no harm being seen with a cutie like Starburst. :)

Anyway, it was fun getting out of the house, and out of the scene, acting like a normal person and not dealing with fire for a few hours.

No comments: