13 July 2007

I hate flying

Actually, it's kinda cool, but it's the airports that's the problem. the last time I flew... well, Clinton was in office.

Today, I had a 6;35 am flight. Yeah, that's right. Be on a plane an hour after bed time... ;D
But It gets worse.
I had to run Burn Club until midnight the night before. So, 6 hours between last burn and take-off.
But it gets worse..
Instead of just sleeping a lot the day before, the landlord chose that day to finally spray for roaches.
Uhggg.
so, short on sleep anyway, I get home after Burn club at 1am and decide to get 4 hours before flying.
This leaves me ... grumpy.
Despite going 65 all the way to LAX, I arrive "too late" to get my paperless ticket. It turns out that the "suggestion" to arrive at the airport 2 hours early is actually policy for Delta Air.
This leaves me... more grumpy.
So I drive all the way back home, narrowly avoiding mass murder several times, and call travelocity. And they actually make a little headway. Granted it's store credit with Delta but it's something.

So the $180 lessons learned
1) Plan on parking in the airport 2 hours ahead of departure, even if things are slow
2) If you use travelocity, take their contact number with you. Had I called earlier, they may have been able to switch flights for me.
3) When your instincts tell you to miss a mid-week, out of town, meeting... miss it.

No comments: