05 July 2006

Little Armenia

So, Once again I find myself in a depressed area on the 4th. And, of course, there's a group of people just down the street lighting off illegal fireworks. Big group of kids. And, hey, whatcha know? I have another spinner with me so we can alternate spotting.

Yeah, I do it mostly because it's Independance day and I know the cops are too busy to deal with the likes of me. But I gotta say, I love doing these little street gigs. They don't expect it, they love it dearly, and this group even tipped.

Every time, there's the same elements: a gaggle of kids, a guy who thinks he's in charge of my show, a young stud with mad skills that "just wants to try it" and a concerned mom who must explain EVERYTHING about the act...even if it's wrong. The looks of fear and wonder, the amazement, and the joy. Throw in a few other studs too chicken to ask to borrow a staff, but need to know what fuel we're using and a few couples just enjoying the show and you got a great crowd.

Frankly it reminds me why I do it at all...

No comments: